We all have a lot of stuff. Attics, basements and garages fill up fast. So what are some of the most common important and sentimental items people store at Southtowne Mini Warehouses, Etowah County’s largest self-storage company? Before you look ahead, take a minute to see how many of these categories you can guess.
- Things with Motors – When we say “motors,” we mean RVs, boats, motorcycles and antique cars. These items are a lot of fun, but they can be a nuisance in your garage or yard year-round. Plus, self-storage protects them from the elements when they aren’t being used.
- Files, Files and More Files – Businesses and people alike have documentation that they need to hang on to: tax returns, medical files, receipts and more. Someday maybe we’ll actually be paperless, but until then, paperwork is a popular item stored at Southtowne Mini Warehouses.
- Furniture – Some call them antiques and some call them out of style. Whatever you call it, furniture is a major purchase. Whether it’s between moves, waiting for a student to go to college, or antiques collected over decades, there are lots of chairs, beds and tables at Southtowne.
- Children’s things – How do you throw out a special toy, a family crib or a first birthday outfit? You don’t! You store them at Southtowne Mini Warehouses. There will be grandchildren someday, and they will love that talking Elmo and Hot Wheels collection just as much as the previous generation.
- All in a Day’s Work – We bet you didn’t guess this one. You would be surprised to learn how many businesses rely on Southtowne to store extra supplies. Plumbers, landscapers, retail shops and more use mini warehouses to keep important materials they don’t have room for on site. They can access their storage unit as often as they need and at any time of day.
- The Beatles White Album – Vinyl albums by The Beatles, Bob Dylan, Elvis and the Beach Boys keep going up in value. So do lunch boxes, comic books and trading cards. That’s why collectibles are one of the most common categories of items stored in Southtowne’s more than 1,200 units.
- Sizes Small through XXXLarge – Let’s face it. Most of us are on a weight rollercoaster, and a new wardrobe is too expensive to replace every couple of years. Maybe it’s not the most fun items stored at Southtowne, but it’s certainly one of the most popular and practical.
- Appliances – Another major purchase, throwing away major appliances just because they are out of style just doesn’t make sense. Last year’s dishwashers, refrigerators, washers, and dryers are perfect for next year’s college student or rental property.
- Holiday Decorations – These days, every holiday comes with its own over-the-top décor. Halloween, Easter and of course Christmas mean huge blow up decorations, lights and lots of trimmings. If you are wondering how your neighbors have room to store all that – they don’t. They are boxing it up safe and sound at Southtowne Mini Warehouses.
- Harry Potter – Ok maybe not actually THE Harry Potter, but books about him are definitely stored at Southtowne Mini Warehouses. Like paperwork, the internet still hasn’t killed the art of book reading, and local bookworms store thousands of their favorite titles at Southtowne.
We all have a lot of stuff. Attics, basements and garages fill up fast. So what are some of the most common, important and sentimental items people store at Southtowne Mini Warehouses, Etowah County’s largest self-storage company? Before you look ahead, take a minute to see how many of these categories you can guess.