Southtowne Mini Warehouses conducts a monthly scheduled auction to sell the contents of units that have become delinquent due to non-payment. These auctions are held on the 3rd Wednesday of each month at 10:00 a.m.
Auction schedule announcements are made in the Legal Notices section of the weekly newspaper “The Messenger” which is published every Friday.
To find out when auctions are scheduled, please keep an eye on “The Messenger” or call the Southtowne office at 256.442.1951.
Office hours are Monday – Friday, 8:00 a.m – 4:00 p.m.
When units are being sold for non-payment, the tenant has until 4:00 p.m. the day before the scheduled auction to pay the total balance. Call our office the morning of the auction to find out if the auction is still going to be conducted (Wednesday we may have 9 units to auction, but by Thursday it may be down to two or three or even zero).
- Payment- We do not accept checks on our auction sales. Visa, Mastercard, Discover, American Express, and Cash (Must be correct change).
- Registration- You are required to register before our auction. NO tenant, or any family member, may bid on their own property or family member’s property.
- Bidding- We give every registered bidder time to look inside the units prior to the beginning of the bidding on that individual unit (without entering the unit or moving anything around). Once this is completed, the bidding begins & the highest bid wins everything in the unit (the winning bidder must then provide their own lock to secure their property).
- Completion of Sale- Winning bidder is required to pay at the office before removing anything from the unit. A photo I.D. is required at the time of payment. The winning bidder has until 8:00 a.m. Monday morning to remove all items from the unit and clean the unit. Failure to remove and clean the unit by the stated day and time will result in the bidder being charged the full, non-prorated rent on the unit and may also result in the bidder being banned from future auctions.
- Our Guarantee- The disposal of property during our auction is in accordance with the Code of Alabama.